I must admit I’m not known for my culinary skills, but this is my first cheese cake and it was seriously easy to make!!
What you’ll need
-300g Milk chocolate digestives
-125 g of Butter – Melted
-750g of cream cheese such as Philadelphia.normal supermarket brands do still work.
-100g of icing sugar.
-2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (vanilla bean extract does give a bit more flavour)
-300ml of extra thick or double cream.
– 2 bags of chopped mini eggs.
1) I put the biscuits into a food bag and then crushed them with a rolling pin. Try to separate them as much as you can for a better base.
2) Melt the butter until runny, then pour over the biscuits. Mix them until they start to stick together.(I used a foil dish as above ,just because it was easier.) When all of the biscuits are covered put them into a dish or bowl that you plan on using to chill the cheesecake after.
3) When your base is flattened into the tin pop it into the fridge to chill.
4) To prepare your cheesecake filling, simply mix all of the above together, I started with the cream cheese and icing sugar first. I did use a mixer for this then added the mini eggs (this can make your mixer sound like it’s going to break due to the noise).
5) I then added the extra cream but mixed this in by hand. When the mixture is thick and starting to hold, remove base from the fridge and cover with the mixture.
4) I simply sprinkled hot chocolate on the top for a quick dusty chocolate look, then used mini eggs to decorate.
This is a recipe I found on another site but ammended. I made this with my step daughter on Thursday and it’s become a bit of a routine to cook or do arts and crafts every Thursday!
So for anyone who hasn’t made a cheese cake before or wants an easy recipe to do with children…this is the one for you!!
If you do have any questions do feel free to ask!
Thanks for reading